Feeling good about the way you look has a positive impact on your confidence. As a man, you may want to look better to feel more self-assured in the workplace and in your social life, One way to look better is to rejuvenate and enhance those physical features making you feel less confident. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Adam Basner provides outstanding plastic surgery results for men in Baltimore. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Basner, please call (410) 616-3000.
Plastic Surgery for Men - Facial Procedures
Men make up a significant percentage of facial plastic surgery patients. Aesthetic procedures rejuvenate your facial appearance, which can provide an advantage in your career and social life. Some men face challenges advancing in their careers when they reach a certain age. Some people say they believe it has to do with competition with younger incoming workers. With aesthetic surgery, you can feel more confident and youthful in your workplace, which can benefit you particularly in roles that involve a lot of face-to-face interaction.
Below is a list of the most common aesthetic facial procedures for men.
- Eyelid Surgery: Also known as "blepharoplasty," eyelid surgery removes puffy, sagging skin pushing down on your upper eyelids, and can remove drooping skin on the lower eyelids. This procedure not only refreshes your facial appearance, it also restores a clear field of vision that is being obscured by puffy upper eyelids.
- Facelift: As you age, your facial skin begins to descend downward, which often leads to sagging skin around the nose, along the jaw and beneath the chin. A facelift lifts the skin to a more youthful position. Dr. Basner repositions the underlying tissues for a naturally rejuvenated result. The skin is also lifted and the excess removed.
- Neck Lift: Facelifts are often well-complemented by a neck lift, which tightens wrinkled, sagging skin around your neck. This procedure also addresses the "turkey wattle" characterized by drooping skin beneath your chin.
- Rhinoplasty: This nose surgery improves the appearance of your nose based on what you want to change. For men, common sources of dissatisfaction related to their noses are size, drooping or bulbous tip, asymmetry, shape, or bumps in the bridge.
Depending on your goals, one of these procedures may be a good fit for you.
Male Liposuction and Body Procedures
The current ideal male physique is athletic, with broad shoulders, a sculpted and trim abdomen, and muscular arms and legs. As a man, you may have noticed excess fat deposits in one or more of the following areas:
No matter how often you go to the gym, run and eat right, these fat deposits may linger. This type of stubborn fat can be removed with liposuction. During a liposuction procedure, Dr. Basner uses advanced surgical tools to break apart fat deposits and suction them away. The result is a more sculpted, athletic body shape.
If you have excess fat in the area of the male breasts – a condition known as gynecomastia – Dr. Basner can restore a flatter, masculine chest. Gynecomastia is quite common these days. Many men need only liposuction to remove the extra breast fat. Others benefit from excision as part of their gynecomastia surgery to remove extra, hanging breast skin in addition to fat.
Male BOTOX® and Injectable Fillers
BOTOX® has skyrocketed among male patients in recent years. BOTOX® and injectable fillers have the advantage of rejuvenating your facial appearance non-surgically. Using a series of tiny, painless injections, Dr. Basner can smooth wrinkles and augment areas of volume loss on your face. The result is a fresher, more youthful facial appearance.
The many advantages of these non-surgical treatments include:
- No incisions
- No sutures
- No recovery from anesthesia
- Minimal to zero downtime
- Return to your normal activities right away
- Results last for months
- Results can be touched up once they begin to fade
For these reasons and others, men of various ages are accomplishing their aesthetic goals with BOTOX® and injectable fillers. These treatments can also be a good option for men who want to rejuvenate their look, but are not quite ready to commit to surgery. In that way, these treatments allow you to delay surgery until a later stage in life.
Male Plastic Surgery Performed by Dr. Adam Basner
All of the procedures listed above are popular among male patients, but the list is not exhaustive and there may be other surgeries that are a good match for your goals. The only way to know for sure is to visit Dr. Basner for a consultation. Dr. Basner is personally committed to helping men restore their confidence in their appearance. You deserve to look and feel your best at any age.
If you are interested in male plastic surgery in Baltimore, Maryland, please call the practice of board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Adam Basner at (410) 616-3000, to schedule a consultation. Dr. Basner is proud to serve people from across the state, including Owings Mills, Towson and Columbia.