Gynecomastia is an embarrassing condition. If you are a man or male teenager with the appearance of enlarged male breasts, it can feel devastating. You may be embarrassed to remove your shirt and you may feel uncomfortable even when fully clothed. Although this physical condition can be burdensome, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Adam Basner can significantly improve the appearance of your chest with male breast reduction.
The male breast reduction procedure is in no way uncommon. In fact, recent statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons found that a large portion of total breast reconstruction procedures performed in 2015 were performed on men:
- There were 68,106 total breast reductions performed in 2015
- 27,456 of the total procedures were performed on male patients
- Men made up more than 40 percent of total breast reductions in 2015
- Male breast reductions rose 5 percent in 2015 compared to the previous year
- Male breast reductions have risen 35 percent since the year 2000
You deserve to feel great about your appearance. The shame and embarrassment of gynecomastia is something no one should have to live with. Talk to Dr. Basner about your candidacy for male breast reduction and start living more confidently.
If you are interested in male breast reduction to restore a masculine chest appearance, please call the plastic surgery practice of Dr. Adam Basner at (410) 616-3000 to schedule a consultation. Dr. Basner is proud to serve Baltimore, Owings Mills, Towson, Columbia and areas across Maryland.