As an experienced plastic surgeon with one of the busiest practices in the Baltimore area, Dr. Adam Basner knows how important it is for you to choose a plastic surgeon whom you trust. The right plastic surgeon can provide you with the results you want while practicing state-of-the-art care. Please call The Plastic Surgery Center of Maryland at (410) 616-3000 to schedule a cosmetic consultation with Dr. Basner.
Choosing the right plastic surgeon is the most important decision you will make in your journey to getting the final cosmetic result you want. With so many people promoting different kinds of procedures, it can be confusing. Below are several basic guidelines for choosing a plastic surgeon who is right for you:
1. Cosmetic surgery specialization: One of the questions to ask your cosmetic surgeon is in regard to specialization. Any doctor can offer cosmetic services, but you should choose a doctor who specializes in cosmetic surgery. Dr. Basner has been specializing in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery for nearly two decades.
2. Board certification: The American Board of Plastic Surgery certifies plastic surgeons who have gone above and beyond to demonstrate their experience, skill and knowledge in the field of plastic surgery. Unfortunately, there are many physicians with little or no plastic surgery training now trying to perform cosmetic procedures. They may take weekend courses and get various "Board Certificates". Only the American Board of Plastic Surgery certifies that your surgeon has the proper training. All other "Board Certificates" are imposters meant to decieve the public. Ask if your Doctor has the American Society of Plastic Surgery certification.
3. Experience with the procedure you are interested in: The plastic surgeon you choose should perform the procedure you want on a regular basis. Ask how many times the surgeon performs the procedure each year.
4. Before-and-after photos: Ask to see photos of the plastic surgeon's patients so you can get some idea of the results that the surgeon has achieved. Please visit our before-and-after gallery to see the results of some of Dr. Basner's past patients. Dr. Basner has many more before and after photos in his office which you can review at the time of your consultation.
5. Your comfort with the plastic surgeon: Make sure you are comfortable with the physician. Your ability to feel comfortable around your plastic surgeon is one of the most important factors. Ask yourself if you like and trust the physician. It is often a "gut feeling" that finally matches you with the doctor who understands what you are trying to accomplish and shows you how it can be achieved.
Not only is Dr. Basner a board-certified plastic surgeon, he has trained under renowned surgeons at the Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital and he is currently the Chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery at Sinai Hospital. He has a reputation for providing beautiful cosmetic and reconstructive results that look natural.
If you live in or around Baltimore, Columbia, Owings Mills or Towson and are searching for an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon, please contact The Plastic Surgery Center of Maryland to schedule a cosmetic consultation with Dr. Adam L. Basner.