Male cosmetic surgery procedures are designed to restore a better defined, better contoured, and more masculine appearance to parts of the body impacted by issues like aging, weight fluctuations, and lifestyle choices. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Adam Basner offers male-specific plastic surgery techniques that address cosmetic issues commonly experienced by men at different stages of life, enabling him to help those who come to our office achieve a stronger, more clearly defined physique.
If you have struggled to obtain the results you desire through diet and exercise or if you have age-related cosmetic issues like crow’s feet, dark circles, and forehead lines you’d like to address, Dr. Basner is here to help. Call the Plastic Surgery Center of Maryland at 410-616-3000 to schedule a consultation and become a male patient. Located in Lutherville-Timonium, we welcome men from Baltimore and all surrounding areas.
Body Contouring for Men
The male body has a very specific definition which, over time, can become obscured by excess skin and stubborn fat deposits. To address these issues, Dr. Basner offers several male body contouring options including:
- Liposuction. Ideal for the removal of excess fat from the legs, waist, flanks, arms, chest, neck, and face, liposuction helps produce a firm and well-defined appearance. Dr. Basner utilizes SAFELipo, an advanced liposuction technique that improves contours and reduces risks
- Abdominoplasty. Also known as tummy tuck surgery, abdominoplasty addresses excess skin and stubborn fat in the midsection. This procedure can also be used to reattach abdominal muscles that have separated due to weight gain or herniation
- Lift Procedures. Dr. Basner offers a lower body lift to address loose and sagging skin from the hips down, arm lift surgery to sculpt the upper arms, back lift surgery for the lower back, love handles, and flanks, and full body lift options for patients who have lost a significant amount of weight
- Male Breast Reduction. For the treatment of gynecomastia, Dr. Basner may use SAFELipo to eliminate stubborn fat deposits or surgical techniques to remove glandular tissue and restore a masculine look to the chest
Many of the male body contouring options offered by our Baltimore plastic surgeon can be performed together for more dramatic results. We can talk to you about this in more detail if a combination of procedures would be beneficial for reaching your goals.
Facial Plastic Surgery for Men
Aging, genetics, environment, and lifestyle can all impact the appearance of the face. Problems like sagging skin, fine lines, deep wrinkles, and sunken cheeks can make a man look old, haggard, and tired. To address these issues, Dr. Basner offers several facial plastic surgery procedures for men including:
- Blepharoplasty. Eyelid surgery removes puffy, saggy, and droopy upper eyelid skin along with drooping skin and dark, puffy circles underneath the eyes
- Brow Lift Surgery. Addressing brow furrows, a forehead lift is used to smooth the area directly below the hairline. This male cosmetic surgery procedure can also be used to lift sagging eyebrows for a more alert and awake appearance
- Facelift. A facelift lifts sagging facial skin to produce a firm and rejuvenated appearance. Dr. Basner repositions underlying tissues carefully in order to create a natural-looking result
- Neck Lift. A neck lift tightens wrinkled, sagging skin around the neck. This procedure also addresses the "turkey wattle" characterized by drooping skin beneath the chin
- Rhinoplasty. Nose surgery brings the nose into ideal proportions with surrounding facial features. Rhinoplasty can address nose size, a drooping or bulbous tip, asymmetry, irregular shape, and bumps on the bridge
As with body contouring, many of these men's plastic surgery procedures can be combined for optimal results. During your initial consultation, Dr. Basner will listen to your concerns and discuss all of your options.
Plastic surgery for men can correct several aesthetic issues, but it is not always the best solution. Nonsurgical cosmetic procedures that are ideal for men include:
- Dermal Fillers. Fillers add volume to sunken skin, reduce the appearance of fine lines and deep wrinkles, and add subtle lift to the face
- BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport®. These anti-aging treatments relax muscles, allowing overlying skin to smooth, and are ideal for softening crow’s feet, the furrow in between eyebrows, and deep creases on the forehead
- Kybella®. A nonsurgical solution for double chin, Kybella permanently eliminates fat deposits underneath the chin to restore a lifted, contoured, and masculine appearance
In addition to injectable treatments for fat emulsification or wrinkle reduction, Dr. Basner offers a full line of professional skin care products and services such as chemical peels that can reduce the visibility of age and sun spots, acne scars, and similar imperfections. We can provide you with additional information on these services during your time in our care.
Men's Plastic Surgery Performed by Dr. Adam Basner
All of the cosmetic procedures listed above are popular among male patients, but the list is not exhaustive and there may be other male cosmetic surgery options that are a good match for your goals. The only way to know for sure is to visit Dr. Basner for a consultation. Dr. Basner is personally committed to helping men restore their confidence in their appearance. You deserve to look and feel your best at any age.
If you are interested in men's plastic surgery in Baltimore, Maryland, please call the practice of board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Adam Basner at 410-616-3000 to schedule a consultation. Dr. Basner is proud to serve people from across the state, including Owings Mills, Towson, and Columbia.