Choosing the right cosmetic surgeon for your expectations is important. When you meet experienced Baltimore cosmetic surgeon Dr. Adam Basner in your initial consultation, we encourage you to ask some of the following questions to learn more about Dr. Basner's esteemed qualifications and the results he can achieve for you.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Basner, please call us at 410-616-3000.
Questions about the Cosmetic Surgeon's Qualifications
- How do you describe your qualifications to perform cosmetic surgery?
- Are you board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? (You should note that a surgeon can use the title "cosmetic surgeon" without being a board-certified plastic surgeon).
- What cosmetic surgery training have you received over the years?
- Where did you receive your medical education and in what ways did you specialize in cosmetic surgery education?
- Do you specialize in cosmetic surgery currently?
- Can you show me before-and-after photos of your past patients?
- In your words, why should I choose you over other cosmetic surgeons in the Baltimore area?
Questions about your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure
- Why do you think I am a good candidate for the cosmetic surgery procedure I am interested in?
- How many times have you performed this procedure? (There's no right or wrong answer, but ideally hundreds of times over the years).
- What are the possible risks and complications associated with this procedure?
- Are there any other procedures you think I should consider that would better fit my goals?
- Where will my procedure be performed?
- Do you have hospital privileges? (If there is a complication, your cosmetic surgeon should have hospital privileges so he or she can continue to provide your care if you are admitted to the hospital).
- How long is the recovery process? What will I need to plan for during recovery?
- What can I reasonably expect the results of this procedure to look like?
- How long will the results last?
- What will be expected of me to get a good result and throughout the surgical process?
If you are searching for an experienced, highly qualified cosmetic surgeon in the Baltimore area to provide your care as well as attractive, natural results, please contact The Plastic Surgery Center of Maryland at 410-616-3000 to schedule a consultation with Adam L. Basner, MD.